What we do:
- Advise on market information, recruitment trends, seasonal aspects of relocating offshore
- Consult with you on the pros and cons for you personally making a move to a certain location
- Match career opportunities to help you reach your career aspirations and goals
- Help you match locations to your desired lifestyle
In summary, we provide you with the information to enable you to make a well-informed decision about your career. Once you’ve decided where you want to go and where will be a good fit for your skillset and experience, we are here to help make that dream a reality. This is what you can expect from us:
- Share information about when each company in each location will be recruiting
- Review your CV and work in collaboration with you to tailor it for each application
- Full job descriptions and additional information about the company, team and client base
- Interview preparation – we are on hand to ensure you are full prepared to excel at interview
- If we don’t have the right role available for you, we will work proactively with you to secure your next role
Working offshore - Why should you consider it?
Would you like to live somewhere with an exceptional climate and great work life balance but don’t want to compromise on the standard of work you are doing and the salary that you receive? If so, the Caribbean and Bermuda could be the place for you!
- The experience: working in an internationally recognised and respected offshore financial services centre will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience. Even if you don’t yet have financial services experience previously, there are some locations which will offer this exposure. The offices can also be smaller meaning that you’ll enjoy the opportunity to work more closely with your clients and senior management. Banking & Finance and Fund Lawyers will also reap the benefits of this
- Expat populations: there is a large expat community in Cayman meaning that you’ll be offered lots of friendly help and support to fit in when you first arrive and beyond. Being in a popular expat location will also allow you to build yourself a network of professional contacts on an international scale
- Increase your professional network and international contacts
- Fast track your career
- Client base: some of the world’s largest financial services companies and blue chip organisations
- The lifestyle: you can expect a great work-life balance when working in an offshore jurisdiction. There is much less traffic meaning shorter and more peaceful commutes when you are heading to and from work.
- Lower tax (or in some cases like Cayman – no tax!)
- Travel opportunities and holidays:
Working offshore – Where should you consider?
What’s on offer?
Contract Term: is usually for an initial term of 2 years at Audit Senior level, with the opportunity to go for promotion thereafter. Contract and permanent positions are on offer for Lawyers
Competitive Salary: the salaries on offer in tend to be highly competitive and made even more so by the tax in many offshore jurisdictions. There is often also relocation and assistance on offer
Client sectors: Working offshore can give you experience with Financial Services companies and Blue Chip organisations. Your client base in likely to include large international companies
Diverse working culture: As there is an annual intake of qualified professionals across the many firms based offshore, this brings together a diverse range of cultures from all around the globe.
A move offshore will be great for your career whilst providing you with a great work-life balance, allowing you the time and freedom to enjoy the more relaxed lifestyle.
Returning home: After spending two busy season offshore you may decide that you want to stay but if you do decide to return home (or on to another location) you’ll be pleased to hear that most employers will view your experience in an offshore jurisdiction as highly favourable meaning that new and different opportunities will be available to you upon your return home
What to do next? If you are interested, get in touch!
- ACA/ACCA/CPA/CA qualified or soon to be qualified
- Degree educated
- Experience with financial services clients would be an advantage
- Ideally you will have top 20 accountancy firm experience
- Qualified Solicitor within a common law jurisdiction
- Strong academic background
- 2-3+ years PQE specific Caribbean locations
- Experience gained within Corporate, Commercial, Funds, Commercial Litigation or Banking and Finance